Sunday, April 01, 2007

Some Apt Quotes

Thought i would relay some quotations from various thinkers that i found stimulating .

“I don't want you to follow me or anyone else. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I could lead you in, somebody else would lead you out.” - Eugene Debs

"I'm not a charismatic speaker, and if I had the capacity to be one I wouldn't. I'm really not interested in persuading people. What I like to do is help people persuade themselves. " - Noam Chomsky

" He who is morally impressed by power is never in a critical mood, and he is never a revolutionary character " - Erich Fromm

" Historically, the errors committed by a truly revolutionary movement are infinitely more fruitful than the infallibility of the cleverest Central Committee. " - Rosa Luxemburg

" Here the proletariat must see to it ......That everywhere workers' candidates are put up alongside the bourgeois -democratic candidates , they consist as far as possible of members of the League , and that their election is promoted by all possible means . Even where there is no prospect whatsoever of their being elected , the workers must put up their own candidates in order to preserve their independence , to count their forces and to bring before the public their revolutionary attitude and party stand-point . " - Karl Marx

No comments: