• Executive action on their pension proposals - Royal Mail will be communicating this to staff next week.
• Executive action through the imposition of later starts on the 8th October.
• Executive action through the imposition of network changes on the 23rd October.
• Executive action through
the cessation of Sunday Collections on the 28th October.
• Executive action against Engineers, the net effect of which will mean a reduction of 10% of posts.
• Executive action through the cessation of Employee Share of Savings Scheme (ESOS) on the 10th October.
These announcements are on top of the fact that Royal Mail will not settle a pay rise owed to members from the 1st April 07.
Instead, they now demand any pay deal must include total flexibility and be dependent on us agreeing outrageous pension’s proposals. This includes closing the Final Salary Scheme for existing employees, attacking past service benefits and increasing retirement age to 65.
The truth is central to the problems in this industry is the people running the company want our members to pay for their mistakes.